We participate in Montgomery County Swim League. You may visit the MCSL website for league info, directions to away meet locations, and more.
Saturday, June 8, 2024 at Carderock Springs - all Swim Team members to attend to get fresh seed times for this season's meets!
Remember to mark your swimmer's availability by Wednesday at 5pm for the following Saturday's meet.
A MEET SCHEDULE
|Week 1 (June 15, 2024)
|Home vs. Arora Hills
|Week 2 (June 22, 2024)
|Away at Long Branch
|Week 3 (June 29, 2024)
|Home vs. Lake Marion
|Week 4 (July 6, 2024)
|Away at Plantations
|Week 5 (July 13, 2024)
B MEET SCHEDULE
|Wednesday, June 12
|Wednesday, June 26
|vs. Little Falls
|Wednesday, July 3
|@ Seven Locks
|Wednesday, July 10
2024 SPECIAL TEAM EVENTS
- TEAM OPEN HOUSE, April 7, 3-5pm: Come to the Clubhouse to get your team suit, have a slice of pizza, see teammates, and meet the Coaches; Head Coach's Welcome at 4pm
- COACHES' MEETING, May TBD: Parents will hear from Coaches about important information for the season and answer questions
- SEASON KICKOFF & POTLUCK, TBD
- WATER POLO & DONUTS, June 14, 21, 28, July 5: Open to all Swim and Dive teammates on Fridays (11+ 8-9am, 10U 9-10am)
- WATER POLO PANCAKE BREAKFAST, July 12: Swim and Dive teammates celebrate the last week of regular season; parents bring breakfast! (11+ 8-9am, 10U 9-10am)
- CELEBRATION OF SENIORS & MINIS, July 13: Team celebrates its seniors at the final home A Meet and holds a Mini-Meet for Mini Cudas and Pre-Team
- END OF SEASON SWIM BANQUET, Saturday, July 20, 6pm: Come celebrate the season!
2024 MCSL EVENTS (see MCSL for more info)
- Relay Carnival will be held between June 23 and July 7, TBD; rain date is July 8.
- Long Course Meet Scratches due July 1
- Coaches' Long Course Meet, July 9
- Divisional Championship Meet, July 20
- All-Star Scratches due July 22
- All-Star Championship Weekend, July 27-28
WHAT IS SWIM TEAM?
Have you watched our video? If not check it out! Here's the link to a video that Dermott, Whitney and Tyler made. It may help some of the 8U swimmers and others who are new to swimming. Watch it with your swimmer!
password: cudas (lowercase)
WHAT IS AN "A MEET"?
Each Saturday, Cudas compete in a "dual meet" - one team versus another - against a team in our MCSL division, for which six swimmers are selected to compete in each freestyle event, and three swimmers are selected to swim in each additional individual event, in each age group. The coaches decide who swims based on times the swimmers achieve in coach-constructed time trials, as well as A and B meets. Parents/Guardians must mark swimmer's availability in Swimtopia in advance to be considered for each meet. Generally, the swimmers with the fastest times (who are also marked that they will be available) will be chosen for A meets. Any week we do NOT have a B meet, a swimmer can request to be timed for consideration in the upcoming Saturday meet. The coaches will use their discretion in selecting A meet swimmers, taking into consideration times but also participation at practices, effort, time trends, and the competitive lineup of the opposing team.
A swimmer may participate in a maximum of five (5) events each A meet, and may not swim in more than three (3) individual strokes. The combination may include:
- individual strokes, 1 individual medley, 1 relay
- individual strokes, 1 individual medley, 2 relays
- individual strokes, 2 relays
The coaches select which events a swimmer will swim and will email the line-up on the Thursday before the meet. Occasionally, the coach will have a swimmer “swim up” an age bracket to help the team earn more points in a meet. In an A meet, if a swimmer “swims up,” he or she must swim up in all their events at that meet.
WHAT TO DO
- A meets start at 9:00 a.m.
- For home meets, swimmers must arrive at our pool by 7:15 a.m. for 8:00 a.m. warm-ups. Being on time is critical.
- Officials must arrive by 8:30 a.m. If we do not have the requisite officials, it could result in us forfeiting the meet so please be timely or notify someone of your delay.
- For away meets, we meet at the away pool by 815AM. Again being on time is critical.
- Saturday A meets last approximately three (3) hours (including warm-ups).
WHAT IS A "B MEET"?
A swimmer in a B meet may participate in two events each Wednesday, and may not swim in more than two individual strokes plus IM. A swimmer may not swim the same strokes he or she swam in the previous Saturday A meet. These are the B meet guidelines:
- 2 individual strokes, not swum on the previous Saturday
- IM, if not swum the previous Saturday
- Swimmers should be legal or close to legal in stroke(s) for events chosen
- Swimmers may ask a coach for additional times at practice on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings.
- Coaches will only time events that were either not swum at the A meet or not being swum at the B meet that Wednesday night.
- NO on-deck entries and no on-deck changes to events.
Parents will indicate which events their child(ren) would like to swim when they mark their swimmer's availability to participate. Coaches will make the final selections for each swimmer. You must mark availability in Swimtopia, and choose your events, by the entry deadline. We will not accept any on-deck entrants.
- B meets are held on Wednesday evenings, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- For home meets, swimmers must arrive at the pool by 4:45 p.m. for 5:00 p.m. warm-ups.
- Officials must arrive by 5:30 p.m.
- For away meets, CSST participants should arrive at the away pool by 5:15 p.m.for 5:30 p.m. warm-ups.
- B meets generally last longer than A meets due to the greater number of swimmers.
- It is advisable to bring a warm-up suit or sweats and extra dry towels to keep warm.
MORE ABOUT A MEETS & B MEETS
B meets are designed to give swimmers who do not qualify to swim in A meets a chance to swim in a weekly meet. They also provide swimmers with an opportunity to improve their times, to try out a new stroke or technique, and to gain experience swimming in timed races. B meets follow the same Order of Events as A meets and assure that all team members participate in the meets and enhance team spirit.
Which events a child swims in the Saturday A meet or the Wednesday night B meet or both generally depends on the top times from the previous week’s time trial, B meet or A meet. As the season progresses, the top times from the previous week’s A and B meets generally determine the next A line-up. The head coach always has the final say on the line-up for all meets, and may consider such factors as practice attendance, trending times, effort, and the line-up of the opposing team when determining who will be selected to swim on Saturday mornings.
It is essential for the coaches to know which swimmers are available for every meet. All parents must mark available or unavailable for EACH meet in swimtopia. For anyone who does not mark availability, it will be assumed that the swimmer is unavailable.
CSST’s standing in the MCSL is dependent upon the results of each A meet, the Relay Carnival and the Divisional meet. The team loses points whenever a swimmer is placed in the line-up but does not show up for his or her event. There are a limited number of substitutions that the coach can make. If your child is truly sick or if there is a true emergency and you cannot make a Saturday morning meet for which your child is scheduled to swim, then please text Coach Ben ASAP.
Requirements for U8 swimmers: Please visit Eligibility for additional information.
WHAT IS DIVISIONALS?
Divisionals is a championship swim meet at the end of the season. Coaches from each team in our MCSL division select the fastest swimmers to participate in this meet.
FEES **will be updated for 2024**
(You sign up for the season; there are no pro-rates so please don't ask.)
Early Bird registration is $195 until May 5
Regular Registration Fee: $245, for registrations completed May 6 - May 7.
Registration closes May 7th.
Group size is limited. Once registration fills up, we will take a waitlist. If we can increase capacity and add swimmers we will, but this is not guaranteed. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
SWIM TEAM REPS
Denise Beckles Durham, A Rep/Saturdays
Eric Troop A Rep/Saturdays
Kate Dickens A Rep/Saturdays
JB Kelly B Rep/Wednesdays
Tamara Schlinger B Rep/Wednesdays