UPCOMING CERTIFICATION TRAININGS - WE NEED YOU! PLEASE BECOME CERTIFIED (CLICK TO REGISTER ON MCSL WEBSITE)
REQUIREMENTS FOR U8 SWIMMERS
8 and under swim test on Wednesday, May 30 (or the first day the child attends practice after that). It is mandatory that swimmers swim a lap of freestyle AND a lap of backstroke in under 60 seconds per stroke in order to be on the swim team. If the swimmer does not pass the swim test, he/she can take private lessons or join pre-team until he/she does pass. Swimmers will have the opportunity to be reassessed every week.
TIME TRIALS SATURDAY, JUNE 9th please arrive by 8:15 am at Club.
MANDATORY PARENT KICK OFF MEETING for ALL PARENTS OF SWIM TEAM at the TIME TRAILS, June 9th at 830AM in club house. This includes meet and greet, discussion of volunteer opportunities and requirements, along with commitment to parent participation. Thank you in advance for making it a priority to attend.
2018 "A" DUAL MEET SCHEDULE (mark availability by Wed at 1200pm for the following Saturday)
|Week 1 (6/16)
||at Norbeck Hills
|Week 2 (6/23)
|Week 3 (6/30)
||vs Clarksburg Town Center
|Week 4 (7/7)
|Week 5 (7/14)
Relay Carnival July 8 at Eldwick (mark availability by Sunday July 1 at 900pm for the following Sunday July 8)
Divisionals Saturday July 21 at Rockshire (mark availability by Thursday, July 12 at 900pm for the following Saturday, July 21)
You can find the complete A meet schedule at: http://www.mcsl.org/
GENERAL INFORMATION ON A MEETS
- MCSL Saturday morning A meets start at 9:00 a.m.
- For home meets, swimmers must arrive at our pool by 7:45 a.m. for 8:00 a.m. warm-ups.
Officials must arrive by 8:30 a.m. If we do not have the requisite officials, it could result in us forfeiting the meet so please be timely or notify someone of your delay.
- For away meets, CSST swimmers and officials are encouraged to meet at the pool parking lot at a time determined by the coaches. We will announce the meeting time and post it to the website. Those participants can ride in a caravan to the away pool arriving in time for warm-ups.
- Saturday A meets last approximately three (3) hours (including warm-ups).
2018 B MEET SCHEDULE (mark availability by Sunday at 900pm for the following Wednesday)
Week 1 June 20th at Bannockburn
Week 2 June 27th at Little Falls
Week 3 July 3rd vs. Seven Locks (home) - Note this is Tuesday!
Week 4 July 11th vs. Somerset (home)
GENERAL INFORMATION ON B MEETS
- B meets are held on Wednesday evenings, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- For home meets, swimmers must arrive at the pool by 4:45 p.m. for 5:00 p.m. warm-ups.
- Officials must arrive by 5:30 p.m.
- For away meets, CSST swimmers and officials are encouraged to meet at the pool parking lot at a time determined by the coaches. Those participants can ride in a caravan to the away pool arriving by 5:15 p.m. for 5:30 p.m. warm-ups.
- B meets generally last longer than A meets due to the greater number of swimmers.
- It is advisable to bring a warm-up suit or sweats and extra dry towels to keep warm.
PRACTICE TIMES for 2018 - This is our tentative schedule and is subject to change if needed.
After-School Practices Monday-Friday (May 29th to June 15th)
345-515 15-18 (1.5 hrs)
415-515 13-14 and 11-12 (1hr)
515-600 8 under (45 minute)
600-700 9-10 (1 hr)
Pre-team practices start on June 18th.
Summer Morning Practice Schedule (June 18th to July 13th)
915-1015 8 under, 9-10 (If you need to leave at 1000 for Summer Fun Camp, no problem!)
Summer Afternoon Practices on M, T, Th, F (June 18th to July 13th)
(No Wed afternoon practice due to B Meets)
400-445 8 and under
615-715 11-12, 13-14, 15-18 (No afternoon practice Fridays for this age group due to Pep Rallies)
** Divisional and all-star meet swimmers will be informed of the practice schedule by the last dual meet.
FRIDAY SPECIAL SWIM TEAM ACTIVITIES
- AM Water Polo and Donuts!
- Friday afternoon practice until 615PM.
- Friday Themed Pep Rallies starting at 615PM.
Registration fee: $195 for the season.
Registration closes June 6.