For the swim team, we will be participating in MCSL this summer.
REQUIREMENTS FOR U8 SWIMMERS
Please visit Eligibility for additional information.
A MEET SCHEDULE
Meet Schedule and Themes
|Week 1 (6/18/2022)||vs Montgomery Square||Cuda Blue|
|Week 2 (6/25/2022)||at New Mark Commons||Halloween|
|Week 3 (7/2/2022)||at Whetstone||USA|
|Week 4 (7/9/2022)||vs Washingtonian Woods||Prom|
|Week 5 (7/16/2022)||at Lake Marion||Tie Dye|
MCSL 2022 Schedule
- Relay Carnival Sunday, July 10 (July 11 rain date) at Washingtonian Woods
- Long Course Scratches due, Monday, July 4
- Coaches Long Course, Tuesday, July 12
- Divisionals, Saturday, July 23 at Lake Marion
- All-Star Scratches due, Monday, July 25
- All-Star Weekend: July 30-31
WHAT IS SWIM TEAM?
Have you watched our new video? If not check it out! Here's the link to the video that Dermott, Whitney and Tyler made. It's super basic but hopefully the visuals will help some of the 8U swimmers and others who are new to swimming, but I think everyone will enjoy watching! Watch it with your swimmer(s)!
password: cudas (lowercase)
WHAT IS AN A MEET?
On Saturday mornings, six (6) swimmers will be selected to compete in freestyle and three (3) swimmers will be selected to swim in each additional individual event in a dual meet. Parents/Guardians must mark availability in advance for each meet in swimtopia. Generally, the fastest swimmers (who have marked that they will be available for Saturday AM) will be chosen for Saturday morning meets. The coaches decide who are the fastest swimmers initially according to the times the swimmers achieve in coach-constructed time trials held June 11, 2022 and subsequently in both Saturday morning and Wednesday night meets. Any week we do NOT have a Wednesday night meet, a swimmer can request to be timed for consideration in the upcoming Saturday meet. The coaches will also use their discretion in selecting A meet swimmers taking into consideration participation at practices, effort, time trends, and the competitive lineup of the opposing team. While generally, the 3 fastest swimmers compete, this is not always the case.
Dual meets are held on consecutive Saturday mornings and a Divisionals Championship will be held on July 23rd.
A swimmer in an A meet may participate in only five (5) events each Saturday, and may not swim in more than three (3) individual strokes. The combination may include:
- individual strokes, 1 individual medley, and 1 relay
- individual strokes, 1 individual medley, and 2 relays,
- individual strokes, and 2 relays
The coaches select which events a swimmer will swim and will email out the lineup on the Thursday before the meet. Occasionally, the coach will have a swimmer “swim-up” an age bracket to help the team earn more points in a meet. In an A meet, if a swimmer “swims up” he or she must “swim-up” in all events at that meet.
WHAT TO DO
- A meets start at 9:00 a.m.
- For home meets, swimmers must arrive at our pool by 7:15 a.m. for 8:00 a.m. warm-ups. Being on time is critical.
- Officials must arrive by 8:30 a.m. If we do not have the requisite officials, it could result in us forfeiting the meet so please be timely or notify someone of your delay.
- For away meets, we meet at the away pool by 815AM. Again being on time is critical.
- Saturday A meets last approximately three (3) hours (including warm-ups).
B MEET SCHEDULE (mark availability by Sunday at 900pm for the following Wednesday)
Meet Schedule and Themes
|Week 1 (6/22/2022)||vs Bannockburn||Halloween|
|Week 2 (6/29/2022)||vs Little Falls||USA|
|Week 3 (7/6/2022)||at Seven Locks||Prom|
|Week 4 (7/13/2022)||at Somerset||Tie Dye
WHAT IS A B MEET?
A swimmer in a B meet may participate in two events each Wednesday, and may not swim in more than two (2) individual strokes plus IM. A swimmer may not swim the same strokes he or she swam in the previous Saturday A meet. These are the B meet guidelines:
- 2 individual strokes, not swum on the previous Saturday
- IM, if not swum the previous Saturday
- Swimmers should be legal or close to legal in strokes chosen and/or IM
- Swimmers may ask a coach for additional times at practice on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings.
- Coaches will only time events that were either not swum at the A meet or not being swum at the B meet that Wednesday night.
- NO on-deck entries and no on-deck changes to events.
- This may change later in the 2022 season, TBD.
Parents will indicate which events their child(ren) would like to swim when they mark their swimmer's availability to participate. Coaches will make the final selections for each swimmer. You must mark availability in Swimtopia and choose your events there by the entry deadline. We will not accept any on deck entrants.
- B meets are held on Wednesday evenings, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- For home meets, swimmers must arrive at the pool by 4:45 p.m. for 5:00 p.m. warm-ups.
- Officials must arrive by 5:30 p.m.
- For away meets, CSST participants should arrive at the away pool by 5:15 p.m.for 5:30 p.m. warm-ups.
- B meets generally last longer than A meets due to the greater number of swimmers.
- It is advisable to bring a warm-up suit or sweats and extra dry towels to keep warm.
MORE ABOUT A MEETS & B MEETS
Wednesday night B meets are designed to give swimmers who do not qualify to swim in A meets a chance to swim in a weekly meet. Swimming in a B meet also provides swimmers with an opportunity to improve their times, to try out a new stroke or technique, and to gain experience swimming in timed races. B meets follow the same Order of Events as A meets and assure that all team members participate in the meets and enhance team spirit.
Which events a child swims in the Saturday A meet or the Wednesday night B meet or both generally depends on the top times from the previous week’s time trial, B meet or A meet. As the season progresses, the top times from the previous week’s A and B meets generally determine the next A line-up. The head coach always has the final say on the line-up for all meets, and may consider such factors as practice attendance, trending times, effort, and the line-up of the opposing team when determining who will be selected to swim on Saturday mornings.
It is essential for the coaches to know which swimmers are available for every meet. All parents must mark available or unavailable for EACH meet in swimtopia. For anyone who does not mark availability, it will be assumed that the swimmer is unavailable.
CSST’s standing in the MCSL is dependent upon the results of each A meet, the Relay Carnival and the Divisional meet. The team loses points whenever a swimmer is placed in the line-up but does not show up for his or her event. There are a limited number of substitutions that the coach can make. If your child is truly sick or if there is a true emergency and you cannot make a Saturday morning meet for which your child is scheduled to swim, then please text Coach Ben ASAP.
SPECIAL SWIM TEAM ACTIVITIES
SEASON KICK-OFF & POTLUCK June 10 530-700 in pavilion
FRIDAY MORNINGS June 24 - July 15 - WATER POLO & DONUTS (800-900AM 11+, 900-1000AM u10). July 15 will be pancake breakfast
CELEBRATION OF MINIS & SENIORS - Tentative July 9 following the home meet and Mini-Meet. Details Coming!
PANCAKE BREAKFAST JULY 15
END OF SEASON BANQUET - July 23. Pavilion, 6pm.
We celebrate the end of the season with a banquet. Please save the date!
MORE EVENTS COMING!
(You sign up for the season; there are no pro-rates so please don't ask)
Early Bird registration is $175 through May 5, 2022.
Regular Registration Fee: $210, for registrations completed May 6 - May 28.
Registration closes on May 28.
Groups size is limited. Once registration fills up, we will take a waitlist. If we can increase capacity and add swimmers we will, but this is not guaranteed. Early registration is strongly encouraged.