Dive Team Info
About the Montgomery County Dive League
The Montgomery County Dive League is a developmental dive league designed to provide young divers with the opportunity to learn new skills, enhance previous achievements, and develop as strong league leaders, while having fun.
The MCDL is grounded on two fundamental principles; safety and sportsmanship.
Divers compete against other children of the same age in several categories, divided by boys and girls: 8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18.
The divers learn the basic front and back jumps and dives, and then more complicated somersault, reverse, inward and twisting dives. Points are awarded to the teams for their first-, second-,and third- place finishes within each age group.
Carderock Dive Team
Dive team is for children and young adults from 5-18 years old. No prior diving experience necessary. The Carderock Dive Coaches will work with new divers to teach them to safely perform basic dives, and then work with them daily to strengthen the execution of their dives.
Registration will open on April 1. Divers may also join swim team provided they meet the swim team eligibility requirements or pre-team.
***MANDATORY PARENT MEETING*** June 6th at 6:30pm
2017 Practices Schedule - NEW THIS SEASON
May 30 - June 16; Monday - Friday
4:15-5:00 8 and under
5:00-5:45 9-10 year olds
5:45-6:45 11-12 year olds
5:45-7:00 13-18 year olds
June 19 - July 14; Monday - Friday
9:00-10:00am ***any age may attend this practice
4:00-4:45 9-10 year olds
4:45-5:30 8 and under
5:30-6:15 11-12 year olds
6:15-7:00 13 and up (on Fridays, 13 and up will combine with 11-12)
Friday Morning - Donuts after practice
Pep Rallies Fridays June 16th - July 14th 6:15pm
****NOTE June 16th - July 14th, practice will end at 6:15 for pep rallies.
Divers should attend the practice for their age group. If a child is unable to practice during their scheduled practice time, parent may coordinate with coach a different practice time.
Divers are only permited to attend one practice per day.
Divers who qualify for divisionals/all stars will continue practicing until July 27th.
Cost: $180 for the season + $15 league insurance = $195
Registration closes June 7.
Parent Involvement MCDL is a VOLUNTEER run league. We need the help of all parents to help the program run smoothly. Each meet needs a referee, 5 judges, 4 table workers, and an announcer. Parent Volunteers are essential to make the meets happen! Please note that each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 2 times each season. Each roll listed below fulfills 1 of the required slots. In order to have a successful season, we need parent volunteers for the following
- Meet Referee - Instructs judges and coaches before the meet. Makes decisions relative to execution of dives in line with rule book. (Referee clinics are offered pre-season to become certified.)
- Meet Judge - Scores each dive. No previous diving experience necessary. Judges will be trained! (Judging clinics are offered pre-season to become certified.)
- Meet Table Worker - Inspects dive sheets for accuracy, records judges scores, computes scores. (No official training required)
- Meet Announcer - Announces diver, dive number, the dive, the position, and degree of difficulty.
- Team Photographer/Slide Show Creator - take pictures throughout the season to show at the banquet.
- Banquet Committee - Coordinate with the club for the banquet; arrange for food; coordination with coach for banquet agenda.
- Swim and Dive Social Volunteer - Works with swim team on planning and execution of social events to promote team unity.
- Grill Master - Perform grilling duties at our team bbq immediately following the mock meet.
Judges/Referees Clinic Schedule - See Officials Training tab
2017 DIVE MEET SCHEDULE
June 11th - Exhibition Dive Meet at Carderock 4pm - warmup 3:00 11 and older 3:30pm 10 and under
Dive Team BBQ immediately following meet
Dual meets 4pm | warm ups for home meets at 3pm | warm ups for away meets at 3:30pm
June 18th - at Calverton. Arrive at pool at 3:15
June 25th - Tri-meet with Westleigh and Potomac Woods at Potomac Woods. Be at pool at 3:00
July 2nd - River Falls at Carderock; Be at pool at 2:45
July 9th -Old Farm at Carderock; Be at pool at 2:45
July 16th - at Robin Hood; be at pool at 3:15
July 23th - Divisional IV Championships @Calverton 8am be at pool at 7am
July 26th - All Stars 12 and Under Manor Woods
July 27th - All Stars 13-18 year olds Chevy Chase
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
June 15th, 4-7pm – Swim Suit Vendor at Carderock
June 22nd at 5pm – Team Picture Day
July19th at 630pm – Family Relay Carnival
July 23th – Dive Team Banquet
What dives are required?
How are dives scored?
What are the different parts of the dive that are scored?
What should a dive look like?
What are the degrees of difficulty of the dives?
For answers to these questions, click on the MCDL handbook.
Positions are full for the 2017 season.
DIVE TEAM REPS
Kristen Swiggett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amie O'Donoghue -email@example.com