Dive Team Info
About the Montgomery County Dive League
The Montgomery County Dive League is a developmental dive league designed to provide young divers with the opportunity to learn new skills, enhance previous achievements, and develop as strong league leaders, while having fun.
The MCDL is grounded on two fundamental principles; safety and sportsmanship.
Divers compete against other children of the same age in several categories, divided by boys and girls: 8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18.
The divers learn the basic front and back jumps and dives, and then more complicated somersault, reverse, inward and twisting dives. Points are awarded to the teams for their first-, second-,and third- place finishes within each age group.
Carderock Dive Team
Dive team is for children and young adults from 5-18 years old. No prior diving experience necessary. The Carderock Dive Coaches will work with new divers to teach them to safely perform basic dives, and then work with them daily to strengthen the execution of their dives.
Registration will open by April 1. Divers may also join swim team provided they meet the swim team eligibility requirements or pre-team.
***MANDATORY PARENT MEETING*** TBD
2018 Practices Schedule - This is a tentative schedule and subject to change if needed.
May 29 - June 15; Monday - Friday
4:15-5:00 8 and under
5:00-5:45 9-10 year olds
5:45-6:45 11-12 year olds
5:45-7:00 13-18 year olds
June 18 - July 13; Monday - Friday
9:00-10:00am ***any age may attend this practice
4:00-4:45 9-10 year olds
4:45-5:30 8 and under
5:30-6:15 11-12 year olds
6:15-7:00 13 and up (on Fridays, 13 and up will combine with 11-12)
Friday Morning - Donuts after practice
Pep Rallies Fridays June 16th - July 14th 6:15pm
****NOTE June 15th - July 13th, practice will end at 6:15 for pep rallies.
Divers should attend the practice for their age group. If a child is unable to practice during their scheduled practice time, parent may coordinate with coach a different practice time.
Divers are only permited to attend one practice per day.
Divers who qualify for divisionals/all stars will continue practicing until July 26th.
Early registration fee for all registrations completed by May 10: $165. Beginning on May 11 the registration fee increases to $195 for the season.
Registration closes June 6.
Parent Involvement MCDL is a VOLUNTEER run league. We need the help of all parents to help the program run smoothly. Each meet needs a referee, 5 judges, 4 table workers, and an announcer. Parent Volunteers are essential to make the meets happen! Please note that each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 2 times each season. Each roll listed below fulfills 1 of the required slots. In order to have a successful season, we need parent volunteers for the following
- Meet Referee - Instructs judges and coaches before the meet. Makes decisions relative to execution of dives in line with rule book. (Referee clinics are offered pre-season to become certified.)
- Meet Judge - Scores each dive. No previous diving experience necessary. Judges will be trained! (Judging clinics are offered pre-season to become certified.)
- Meet Table Worker - Inspects dive sheets for accuracy, records judges scores, computes scores. (No official training required)
- Meet Announcer - Announces diver, dive number, the dive, the position, and degree of difficulty.
- Team Photographer/Slide Show Creator - take pictures throughout the season to show at the banquet.
- Banquet Committee - Coordinate with the club for the banquet; arrange for food; coordination with coach for banquet agenda.
- Swim and Dive Social Volunteer - Works with swim team on planning and execution of social events to promote team unity.
- Grill Master - Perform grilling duties at our team bbq immediately following the mock meet.
Judges/Referees Clinic Schedule - See Officials Training tab
2018 DIVE MEET SCHEDULE
June 10th - Exhibition Dive Meet at Carderock 4pm - warmup 3:00 11 and older 3:30pm 10 and under
Dive Team BBQ immediately following meet
Dual meets 4pm | warm ups for home meets at 3pm | warm ups for away meets at 3:30pm
Dual Meets TBD
July 22nd, 8am - Divisional Championship Meet
July 25th, 3pm - MCDL All-Stars 12 and under
July 26th 3pm - MCDL All-Stars 13-18 year olds
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
June 12th, 5-7pm – Swim Suit Vendor at Carderock
June 21st at 530pm – Team Picture Day
July 18th at 6:30pm – Family Relay Carnival
July 22nd – Dive Team Banquet
What dives are required?
How are dives scored?
What are the different parts of the dive that are scored?
What should a dive look like?
What are the degrees of difficulty of the dives?
For answers to these questions, click on the MCDL handbook.
will be available soon.
DIVE TEAM REPS
Kristen Swiggett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amie O'Donoghue -email@example.com